Currently, the InBody units do not have wireless printing capabilities. The InBody 270, 570, and 770 connect to Lookin’Body Web, a cloud database management software that allows you to look at your result sheets on the computer and email them to clients in PDF format. To learn more about Lookin’Body Web, send us a message at the Contact page.
Each InBody purchase comes with the InBody Body Composition Analyzer, a box of 500 results sheets, a box of 300 InBody tissues, a compatible printer, a USB cable, a user’s manual, a results interpretation poster, a results interpretation booklet, and a quick set-up and installation guide.
The InBody Tissue increases electrical conductivity where the hand and feet electrodes make contact with the skin. Without the tissues, it could be difficult for the electrical currents to flow through thick calluses or hard skin on the hands or bottom of the feet. The InBody Tissue also serves as an antibacterial wipe, which helps with the sanitation.
• People with artificial electrical implants such as a defibrillator or pacemaker should not be tested. The electrical currents of the InBody may disrupt the functionality of life-sustaining implants.
• Women who are on their menstrual cycle may not obtain accurate results due to subtle changes in their hydration and body water levels.
Unfortunately, the InBody’s electrical currents are unable to flow through prosthetic limbs. The electrodes must come into contact with the body at all eight contact points: thumbs, palms, soles, and heels.
Changes in body composition reflect body status, which may be affected by factors such as disease, nutrition, hydration, and medication. Accessories such as jewelry may interfere with the electrical conductivity. Improper posture will also affect test results.
It is recommended to maintain the same testing conditions from test to test to produce high data reproducibility and comparability.
For the average population, the electrical currents sent through the body during an InBody tests are too low to feel. However, there is a small possibility that individuals with tactile sensitivity may feel a slight sensation.
All of the InBody models have the same test ranges for weight, height, and age.
• Weight range: 22 pounds to 551 pounds
• Height range: 3 ft 1.4 in – 7 ft 2.6 in
• Age range: 3 years to 99 years
Before a test, you should:
• Use the bathroom
• Maintain the same testing conditions as your first test
• Use an InBody tissue to wipe down electrodes
• Avoid eating or wait two hours after a meal
Avoid testing if before the test, you:
• Exercised strenuously
• Used a sauna, steam room, or bath
• Consumed diuretics such as caffeine, alcohol, and medication
• Have a fever, cold, or chill
The InBody requires you to stand upright because an upright position resembles the natural state of the human body.